In order to extent our product offer we are happy to announce the release a new product aimed at recovering lost EFI / iCloud PIN for Macbook series laptops.
- fully upgradable solution. We have designed EFI Dongle much in the same way AIO is working. You can use the online update software to update your EFI dongle to the desired version effortless. Something wrong ? We will update it on the fly so you can get on with your work.
- standalone complete solution; after you have updated the firmware of your EFI Dongle internet connection is not required anymore. Just plug & go;
- complete automated solution; you don’t have to wait for you computer to see if it’s unlocked and you don’t have to guess the unlock code as other solutions as you too; more time to play, less time to waste;
Supported models & updates:
- Update 1 - basic EFI password recovery (all Macbooks) This update will try to recover you EFI password in Boot mode (at boot time). It is good for recovering 4 digits codes (usually the PIN activated in iCloud). It will do so at a rate of about 3 codes per minute. (a median recovery time of about 25 hours). How to use ?
- just plug your EFI dongle in the USB port of your computer and the dongle will start working trying codes from 0000 to 9999 one by one at a speed of 3 per minute. In this configuration available in firmware V1 the total waiting time will be a maximum of 48 hours;
- to check what code worked after the computer has been unlock just plug your EFI Dongle into an available computer and open a text editor of your choice. Press CAPS Lock and the dongle will start displaying it’s serial number and the last successful codes;
- to reset the code search to 0000 you can press CTRL shift key again 3 times. If you are done you can disconnect the dongle from USB;
- to select a new starting value continue pressing CAPS Lock key one more time; The dongle will start displaying numbers 0000 … 0100 … 0200 … in 100 increments. When you are close to your desired selection press CAPS Lock one more time. The EFI Dongle will then start counting backwards one by one until you reach the desired value; You can then press CAPS Lock again and the dongle will memorize the current value displayed; You can now disconnect the dongle and start a new code recovery procedure;
- Update 2 - designed for 13 inch normal Macbooks (iCloud) – The iCloud updates will recover you iCloud PIN in the main iCloud PIN window. It will check 5 codes at a time then automatically Reboot your computer and try another 4 codes. This is the fastest available solution out there. You can use the efidongle update software to update your dongle, to setup the starting code and to read successfully guessed code.
- Update 3 - designed for 15 inch normal Macbooks (iCloud) – works in the same way as update 2 but for 15 inch models.
- Update 4 - designed for 13 inch Retina Macbooks (iCloud) - works in the same way as update 2 but for 13 inch Retina models.
- upcomming update Update 5 - degigned for 15 inch Retina Macbooks (this update will be available once we have a change to test it with your help)
Question: Why your EFI dongle does not have an LCD display to show the current code like other solutions ?
Answer: A display costs too much and only can show you very little information (usually only the present code). We use the computer as a display witch is much better.
Question: Why is your EFI dongle much better than other available solutions for code Recovery ?
Answer: Our EFI dongle is easy to use. Just plug in into your computer and you are ready to go. It does not require the complicated programming of other solutions on the market and comes with a very cheap price for that matter. Another important point of EFI Dongle is that is fully standalone. By standalone we mean that you don’t have to wait in front of your Macbook like other solutions. Others ask you to wait until you reach the propper code and then count clicks or led blinks to calculate the correct code. EFI Dongle frees you from this time consuming job. Just take the dongle and use the computer to make it display the good code.
Question: Why other types of codes are not supported?
Answer: We don’t support 6 digits PIN codes but we can do that too if you request us. The problem with 6 digits codes is that the amount of time required to recover your PIN is 99 x 24 hours medium time = 99 days. In this case contacting Apple to recover your PIN would be much much faster.
Question: Can EFI Dongle support other types of computers or devices ?
Answer: Yes it can, just let us know and we will be happy to add new updates to our list; In theory we can also support other types of devices like mobile phones and tablets you just have to let us know what you need.
Pricing: 1 for 69 USD; 2 for 65 USD each; 5 for 59 USD each; 10 for 49 USD each; 50 for 39 USD each; 100 or more for 29 USD each;
Package contents: 1 pcs x updatable EFI USB Dongle, 1 pcs x 8 cm usb adaptor for added flexibility when you move your laptop
Availability & Shipping : EFI Dongle is available from our Hong Kong stock so at least for the beginning we can only ship order from Hong Kong by DHL, Hong Kong Post/China Post/Singapore Post or EMS. Shipping by Postal services is included in the price. DHL Shipping is FREE for more than 10 pcs orders. For less than 10 pcs orders DHL Shipping is 25 USD everywhere and EMS shipping is 35 USD everywhere.